Friday, September 15, 2017

Stop and Smell the Flowers


Our lives tend to get so busy that we forget to stop and smell the flowers. When was the last time you went to a park or a cafe with the intention of just sitting there and relaxing, maybe even playing a game of chess?  


Days, weeks, months go by and the cycle of life, or daily routine, tend to cause us more harm than good. As of late, I have found myself falling into a new routine in life revolved around marriage and caring for my family. My husband recently had a knee surgery which has literally put a hold on pretty much any outdoor activity he and I use to enjoy. Things like hiking, biking and just simply taking a walk. One day I had an idea to break the norm. 

Do you want to go and play a game chess at the cafe on the trail, I asked my husband. I could tell he began thinking of ideas to get out of such a suggestion. I continued to sell the idea by suggesting we get protein drinks and just enjoy the sunshine. Finally, I got a look of agreeance. 

We went and had a great time. So much so, that we ended up going back there two days later and to play some Scrabble. This time we got green tea shakes while creating a new friendship with the staff. We stopped and smelled flowers when was the last time you did the same? 




No comments:

Post a Comment