Sunday, May 15, 2016

First Ride on the CSC RX3 Zongshen Cyclone

After about 2 weeks of waiting on the DMV in Pennsylvania to send me tags I finally got them in order to ride the bike. For those that have not been following along on my social media rants, PA refused to give me temporary plates at time of registration. Stating that some "special ops" unit in Harrisburg had to review for approval. Whatever! Considering that 2 other RX3 owners in PA walked in to register their bikes and walked out with tags. Another example of inconsistent policies. Okay, enough about that because I feel like that is all I have talked about. I have been dying to ride this damn bike that I have been staring at in the garage and yesterday I finally got my chance! Here is how it went.

First I had to get gas. The bike shipped with "some" gas in it. I do have a one and half liter Biltwell fuel bottle that I did fill up in order to add a bit more fuel. The gas station was a further away than the gas in the tank would have been able to accommodate. Don't worry, I bought a center tank protector to replace the silly warning stickers.

Nonetheless, once leaving the gas station my first journey officially began and WOW was I blown away. I have a 600+ pound Harley Davidson Dyna, and this RX3 was just so light and nimble. The clutch was so smooth, and the exhausted just rumbled in my ears. I may need to wear ear plugs. Since it is higher sitting on this bike than my Harley exhaust is on my Dyna, I feel that it is just louder. It was also crazy getting use to the front end fairing not moving when turning the front wheel. On my Dyna the whole front end moves with each turn. It was just a different thing to get use to. The seat sucks, just like I have been reading on the forums. I confirmed that only 20 miles into my ride. 

 

After enjoying some twisties and a bit of light gravel, I had to make my way to show off the bike to my family. Of course everyone asked to sit on it, my nieces and nephews loved it. Although one of my nieces says she still likes the Harley more. Here and I spent lots of saddle time on the Harley together, so I don't blame her for her comment. Hopefully this bike will just allow her to realize that liking different bikes makes motorcycling more fun.


Another positive thing that came with this bike, is my husbands new interest in riding. He has recently passed his permit test and is signing up for an MSF class. In addition, I've picked him up some safety gear to get him started. This bike just changed my life. Even if he's riding it and I'm on my Harley, it is a win win. I look forward to looking at my right flank position and seeing my husband right by my side. Now that friends is a great beginning to a new moto chapter.

Ride safe friends, and ride far!










No comments:

Post a Comment