Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Zen of Riding

Today was really an interesting day. My ride in to work was probably one of the best rides. One of those days that the mind was free of clutter and focused. I passed by lawn guys cutting grass, PennDot workers just hanging out by their trucks (do they ever work?), squirrles running around (almost ran one over) and the best part of all, a groundhog sun bathing on rocks between two waterfalls. It was pure zen.
I was thinking to myself all day that the outdoors are calling me. I mean I spend time outdoors already, but not really doing stuff I enjoy. I don't know about you but I've had it with yard work. See there's something called routine and we all get caught up in it. We need to find time to maintenance our own souls. What really got to me today was the patch of rain I rode through on the ride home. I actually saw a full rainbow once through it. I couldn't stop looking at it in my mirrors or even turning my head in disbelief. It truly was a full rainbow. A sight these eyes haven't seen since I left Arizona and another reminder to occupy zen!
So friends remember to take time out for you cause life is too short. Too short to not enjoy daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment